CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

"2009"



Wow where did the year go. I am so thankful for this past year. There are two main reasons why. God sent my nephew, Tanyon Garic Jarboe, to us. He is so precious and a great gift from God!!! Another one is, my brother in law, Chris Jarboe, got saved this summer. We all love being together down here on earth and now we will be together in heaven. God is so good.
We had a great New Year's Eve service at church. Pretty relaxed and laid back. Jackie Avery bragged about "D" killing his first deer and Layne killed his first deer. The mom's were so proud of their boys slowly becoming men. Then, Hunter gets up and preaches for the first time. Talking about a proud mom also. He preached on David and his battle with the lion, bear, and Goliath. He had new battles,and so will we. We are facing a new year with new battles. He also said he is racking his brain wondering what good things God will do for us. He did a phenomenal job. You don't think he is paying attention but he is. He also used his friend Layne to help. Wonder where he learned that from (papa). I am so thankful that I was in my place and God use my son to bless others. I have no doubt my dad, his grandfather, was very proud. Thanks dad for letting Hunter preach. God sure has brought a shy little boy a long ways.
I am looking forward to what God will do this year. He also brought me some very close friends that can never be replaced. Thanks for the special friends and love they give me.
Happy New Year!! Let's get in God's line in 2009!!! Remember Romans 8:26

1 comments:

Heather said...

Yes, you should be proud! Hunter did a great job! It was cool that he used Lane too. Taylor was pretty impressed with her boyfriend ;o). But, we were very proud of him. Great job Hunter man! It's hard talking in front of a bunch of people, but he did good. It's a great start for him! I think it's awesome too, that we have a Preacher who gives our youth that opportunity.