CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Camp Out at the Talley Hotel

Well here we are well into February and I am just now posting. Here is an update...my sister went to the doctor last week and she is going to go to her due date...my mom is looking for a ticket to go out there the Monday before she is due. This past weekend we had some terrible wind. My mom said that it was so bad at her house Saturday evening, she thought she might wake up in Kansas. We lost power sometime on Sunday and it was way too cold to stay at our house; however we were not the only ones without power. My Aunt Diane was also without power. They called my parents and said they needed some place to go; so, off they went to the Talley Hotel. Barry called a hotel and it was going to be $140 to stay for one night...ok let's think about that one...um NO!! So, I called and asked if there was any room at the inn. We go to our house gather up what we need ( pajamas, clothes for the next day, and tooth brushes, etc). We finally get to the great Talley hotel. When we arrive mom, dad, Uncle Roy, and Aunt Diane were in the living room, Tristen and Aubrey were asleep on the floor in my mom and dad's room. Aunt Diane and Uncle Roy slept in the spare bedroom, and Talley slept on the loveseat, Hunter slept on the couch, and Barry and I slept on the living room floor. I am so thankful that we were all kept safe and had THEE greatest place to go to!! Thanks mom and dad!! Tal did remind me that we were making memories.
Now switching gears.
God has really been blessin our church. He has sent a wonderful family to our church. They have six wonderful children and one due in August. Thank God from whom all blessings flow. We have also had soem really awesome preaching. Come join us or check out our website at hylesbaptistchurch.com

1 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like any holiday at my parents' house! Talley is right though, those times make the best memories! Love you, and glad that you all kept safe.